Thursday, May 2, 2013

HAIR at BPC

On Thursday, April 25th, we met at Bukowski's and then made our way over to Berklee Performance Center to see a student production of HAIR.  The tickets were pretty cheap, I got front row seats, and we'd always *loved* the soundtrack, though we'd never seen the play (seen the movie multiple times).  So we said sure.

The city is still recovering from the bombing at the Boston Marathon, and I was so delighted to see the life just Springing out all over (pun intended) in that part of Boston.  As I told people, it was possibly the worst Boston traffic/crowd experience I've ever had (the Red Sox were playing, the colleges were in full tilt, the tourists were all over the place, etc.), but at the same time possibly the best.  It made me smile from ear to ear to see my city just crawling with life when so recently it had been the scene of tragedy.

Managed to park somewhere under the Pru, got to Bukowski's and had some beer and burger, and then ducked into the BPC lobby and walked up to the first row.  I haven't seen a lot of musical theater, but we saw an excellent production from some very talented Berklee students and had a great time.  Those songs are so infectious and appealing, I would have enjoyed seeing anyone sing them.




No comments:

Post a Comment