You could criticize our seats and the videos for not getting an optimal sound mix, but we loved being so close. Here are some notes:
- listen to how good Whit's guitar sounds; that's because we were hearing his vintage amp (you can see it behind his knees if you look real close) instead of the PA; this was way more than worth the price of admission
- listen to how good Jake's bass sounds and realize what a talent he is to get that sound from his slaps and fingering; again, we were 4 feet from the sound-box of his fiddle and it dominated our sonic universe, but that's the raw stuff!!!!
- the vocals don't come over anywhere near as well as they would have if the video camera were a few rows back, but it's amazing how much better they sounded to our ears ... we could actually hear the band sing instead of listening to their mix
- I've heard them play Chinatown a lot: it's kind of a tired signature song from them, but OMG, the guitar work on this! talk about going to the upper room...
- Elana is beyond description ... and we've talked with her and she's so nice!